Electronic Communication Code puts Telecoms Industry / Phone Mast Sites into a state of turmoil.
The long-awaited changes to the Electronic Communication Code put Telecoms Industry / Phone Mast Sites into a temporary state of turmoil.
- Many Phone mast agreement renewals are now on hold
- Phone mast upgrades being delayed or put on hold
- Some new mast site acquisitions on hold delayed or not progressing
- Operator’s agents, appear confused and send out factually incorrect letters
- Site Providers becoming frustrated
My concern is some people in rural areas and market towns may not benefit from the new ECC and in some cases continue to have poor access to 4G mobile phone coverage, opposite to what the new legislation intended.
I have some sympathy for senior estate management within the operators, who are probably being given an impossible task by their shareholders to deliver significant rent reductions/savings off the back of confusing new legislation that does not give operators the powers they had hoped for.